Getting Your Property Rent Ready
We are committed to providing safe, clean and properly maintained homes to our tenants.
In order to comply with Alberta Minimum Housing Standards, Residential Tenancies Act. and Davis Management standards, the below items must be completed before we will advertise and rent a property.
- Property professionally cleaned and free of trash and debris, inside and outside.
- HVAC system to be in good operating condition, with a new filter installed.
- All mechanical elements including appliances operating as designed.
- Caulking in kitchen and bathrooms shall be clean and free of mildew
- Doors and locks all functioning properly.
- Windows must open, close, and lock properly and window screens be in good condition.
Full Rent Ready Requirements
In order to comply with internal, Provincial and Municipal rental housing requirements, including Alberta's Residential Tenancies Act, every opportunity must meet the below list in order to be fully advertised and be "Rent-Ready"
- Professionally cleaned to ‘Hotel Room Clean’
- Carpet professionally cleaned and looking fresh
- All painted surfaces fresh with no mis-match touch-up areas and repainting must be done corner to corner.
- All bedroom windows must have vertical or mini-blinds
- No personal property or items in the unit. This includes furniture, knickknacks, toiletries, shower curtains, Kleenex boxes, kitchen or bathroom items, soap dispenser, pictures, etc.
- No lawn equipment including mowers, tools, etc.
- Garage floor swept
- No exterior debris
- Lawn cut and trimmed
- Landscaping fresh and clean
- Carbon monoxide detectors installed within 15 feet of each bedroom. ONLY wall/ceiling mounted, NO plug-in units.
- Smoke detector on each floor
- Smoke detector in each bedroom
- Back sliding or balcony door must have vertical blinds
- All light bulbs working
- Doors open & close smoothly and doorstops installed on all doors
- Bathroom caulking must be fresh and free of any mildew
- All mechanical components working as designed. Includes HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems, kitchen appliances, laundry appliances, sump pumps, water softeners, sprinkler systems, gas fireplaces, water filtration systems, etc.
- Safety railings secure
- Wood-burning fireplace(s), if operational, shall be clean of any debris and have a fireplace screen or heat-proof glass doors installed. If non-operational, the fireplace opening on the interior of the home shall be permanently sealed with an aesthetically pleasing material.
- All windows (except basement windows) should have vertical or mini blinds or curtain rods.
- No draperies on windows
- All windows must have bug screens
This list is not meant to cover each and make-ready required item, but it does list some of the most important and often overlooked.