Our goal is to obtain a qualified tenant as quickly as possible. Effective marketing is key to attracting high quality applicants. We conduct market analysis for each property to determine the optimal rent to maximize your return on investment.
We take professional photos and videos. Our website is optimized and syndicates with other listing platforms such as Rentboard, PadMapper, Tovit, Kijiji, RentCanada, REW, Rentals for Newcomers, etc., to ensure your property is receiving the exposure it needs.
When homes are rent-ready, we are able to advertise the property within a few days of us taking new pictures and videos.
Each week you will also receive a weekly report that highlights the level of activity on your property.
We screen all prospective tenants in-house and we do not use any 3rd party screening services. Our custom in-house tenant screening combines personalized processing and data search to keep undesirable tenants out and attract long term, quality tenants.
One of the most important aspects of renting a property is the selection of a tenant. We realize that if we place high quality, long-term tenants - everyone benefits. We have processed over 1,400 applications each year so we know exactly what to look for in our applicants. While there is always some risk in qualifying a tenant and circumstances do change, the results of our tenant screening process speaks for itself: 99% of our tenants pay rent each month and our eviction rate is less than 1% per year. This is due in large part because of our in-house application screening process.
What do we screen for in a potential tenant?
- Credit Check
- Eviction Check
- Landlord Verification
- Public Records
- Bankruptcy Check
- Pet Verification
- Collections History
We do not charge any management fee when the property is vacant. We only charge our fee as a percentage of actual rent collected. So when your property is vacant, you do not pay any management fees.
The quality of a property is directly proportional to the quality of a tenant it will attract. A property that is well maintained results in less turnover, and happier tenants.
Maintaining your investment property is a top priority to us. As with any property maintenance our goal is to get the job done without interrupting your nights, weekends or holidays.
- We conduct periodic inspections to ensure your property is being maintained.
- Our phones are answered by a live person 24/7 to take all tenant maintenance requests and handle all maintenance work. Our staff are trained to identify emergency situations and direct calls accordingly.
- Tenants can submit work orders via their Online Portal or in case of emergencies by calling our office number.
- We hire our own in-house maintenance staff, and renovation experts to do maintenance work and renovation works. We also have an extensive network of subcontractors in all trades such as plumbers, electricians, and appliance technicians. Because of the volume of work our company requires, we are able to receive high quality service at fair prices. This saves you time, money and headache!
We have detailed financial reporting tools available to you 24/7 from anywhere in the world. Access your information using the online Owner's portal. We generate monthly reports and you have access to it in the online portal.
- We track your income and expenses and post monthly reports to you via our secure, online web-based property management software systems. With our detailed online financial reports,, you're always only a few clicks away from checking-in on your investment.
- As Davies Property Management owner-client you will have an online secure portal access which contains all of your related property documents, including inspections of the property, lease agreements and downloadable copies of the management agreement, and monthly and annual financial reports – all available for download.
- Tracking payments, expenses, and all other property related finances can be time consuming and confusing. Our team uses Buildium management software to track and manage these for you, so they can be organized clearly and available to you 24/7.
- You are paid your rent money each month by direct deposit to your bank account of choice.
Get your Property Rent Ready
We will handle the entire make-ready process on your behalf to ensure your property attracts high quality tenants and rents quickly.
We are committed to providing safe, clean, and properly maintained homes to our tenants.
In order to comply with Alberta Minimum Housing Standards and Davies Property Management standards, the below items must be completed before we will advertise and rent a property.
- Property professionally cleaned and free of trash and debris, inside and outside.
- Furnace to be in good operating condition, with a new filter installed.
- All mechanical elements including appliances operating as designed.
- Caulking in kitchen and bathrooms shall be clean and free of mildew
- Doors and locks are all functioning properly.
- Windows must open, close, and lock properly and window screens be in good condition.